Popular Posts

Friday, August 1, 2014

A fun day with the Carolina Panthers



by Susan Palmes-Dennis

THE Carolina Panthers football team are not only for adults but for kids as well. Here in Charlotte, North Carolina, watching them play is a family event.

I've talked to two young adults and their experiences before and after watching the team play. One young admirer is Jaden Glenn Kremer who had to earn in order to see the Fan Fest last Friday, July 25.

Jaden blowing the candle on his birthday cake

Jaden, formerly of Charlotte and now presently residing at Roanoke, Virginia said event was a surprise from her mom Nelissa “Beth” Kremer and dad Brent Kremer.

We spend a few weeks working so hard at the store,” Jaden said. Jaden's grandmother Linda Kremer owns and operates a printing shop at Roanoke, Va.

As a reward my mom took me to Charlotte,NC to watch the Fan Fest. It was my first time to watch all the Panthers players and I was excited to see them. I saw my favorite quarterback Cam Newton,” the eight-year-old Jaden said.

Jaden, an animal lover, also loves football and basketball. He's a student of Grandin Court Elementary School at Roanoke, VA. Jaden loves Cam Newton because of the quarterback's ability to run the football.

He can easily figure out a blitz,” he said. Jaden's favorite linebacker is Luke Kuechly. Another young Carolina Panthers fan is 13-year-old Richard Gregory Armstrong of Whitewater Middle School.

His interests include video games and the outdoors especially football. Like Jaden, Greggy is also a Cam Newton fan. Greggy was delighted to see Newton signing autographs for fans.

Greggy Armstrong
Even for kids like me it was awesome seeing him and the others there. Their music was loud and they had face painting and you could even meet Sorper the cat,” Greggy said.

Fan Fest was a free event to honor Panthers fans The gate was opened at 5 PM and the program ended at 9 PM with beautiful fireworks.

There was so much smoke in the sky I could not see me. I also saw a Hammer limousine, it was long too,” said Greggy, the son of Ric and Yulie Armstrong of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Jaden Glenn was also delighted with the autograph signings, the fireworks and dancing light shows. “I'm thankful to my mom for taking me to the Fan Fest and for making me so happy,” Jaden said.


(Susan Palmes-Dennis is a veteran journalist from Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Northern Mindanao in the Philippines who works as a nanny in North Carolina. This page will serve as a venue for news and discussion on Filipino communities in the Carolinas. Read her blogs on susanpalmesstraightfrom the Carolinas.com. These and other articles also appear at http://www.sunstar.com.ph/author/2582/susan-palmes-dennis.

You can also connect with her through her Pinterest account at http://www.pinterest.com/pin/41025046580074350/) and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Straight-from-the-Carolinas-/494156950678063)

No comments:

Post a Comment